For the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to meet all requirements and deliverables per the terms and conditions of the award as the project and date approaches.
- Final Report/technical summary/Property Reports- submitted to the sponsor by the Office of Sponsored Programs
- Final Progress Reports
- Final Invention Statements/Patent Reports
Do you have an NIH grant?
NIH closeout documents should be submitted in eRA Commons website.
- The PI must log into Commons.
- Click on the word STATUS in the blue toolbar across the upper part of the screen.
- Once in STATUS screen, click on the ‘List of Applications/Grants’ hyperlink.
- Locate the appropriate grant for closeout under the Application ID column on the left side. Once located, click on ‘Requires Closeout’ hyperlink in the corresponding right-hand column labeled ACTION.
- In CLOSEOUT STATUS screen, click on:
- ‘Process Final Progress Report’in the ACTION column to upload the progress report file. Once final version is uploaded, press SUBMIT. Once it is submitted, NIH will be able to access it directly in Commons.
- ‘Process Final Invention Statement’ in the ACTION column to complete the final invention statement. Press YES if inventions have been reported. Fill in all required fields and press SAVE. Or, press NO if no inventions have been reported on the project.
Once the Final Invention statement is completed and saved in Commons, OSP will receive an email from the Commons system that the Final Invention Statement is ready for review.
OSP will verify the statement’s accuracy with with the Office of Technology Management. If the submitted information in Commons does not match OTM’s records, this will be communicated to the PI and business manager as further discussion or revisions may be required at OTM. If the information does match OTM’s records, OSP will press SUBMIT in Commons. Once it is submitted, NIH will have access to the statement.
Please note, if the closeout link is unavailable in Commons, please contact the Commons Helpdesk for assistance.