Open Postdoc Positions
Open Postdoc Positions
Thinking about pursuing your postdoctoral training at UIC? Check out these positions open currently and learn more about why you should choose UIC and things to consider when applying for postdoc positions. Want to learn more about the community for postdocs at UIC? Visit our UIC Postdoc Community & Alumni page!
Finding an open position:
- Open postdocs position sent directly to us are posted on this page and on the UIC Postdoc homepage!
- Postdoc positions on UIC’s institutional training grants
- UIC Bridge to the Faculty Program
- For a list of current postdoc positions that are open, visit UIC Jobs and scroll down to the Postdoc Res Assoc heading
- You may also browse through departmental websites and directly contact any faculty of interest
Why Choose UIC?
Outstanding Research Opportunities
UIC ranks among the nation’s leading research universities and is Chicago’s largest university with 33,000 students, 12,000 faculty and staff, 16 colleges, and the state’s major public health system.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) believes that research is fundamental to the success and mission of UIC and its students, faculty, staff, and postdocs. We strive to grow, promote, advance, and safeguard research at UIC by conducting world-class research that advances the field of knowledge both locally and globally.
From the Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity: UIC is one of the nation’s most diverse public research universities. As a federally designated Minority Serving Institution, we strive to promote an organizational culture and structure, grounded on the principles of access, equity and inclusion. UIC welcomes students, staff and faculty from a variety of racial, ethnic, and class backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities to cultivate a diverse learning community where human differences are embraced and neither difference nor disadvantage stands in the way of intellectual and professional achievement. Furthermore, we believe that by drawing upon these diverse perspectives, we are able to expand frontiers of knowledge as a national leader of innovative scholarship.
Guidance on Choosing a Postdoc Position
For guidance on choosing a postdoctoral position:
- Graduate Student Resource for Choosing a Postdoc compiled by the National Postdoctoral Association
- Picking a Postdoc guide by the NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education
- For guidance on choosing a mentor and assessing fit, check out this guide created by the UW-Madison Institute for Clinical and Translational Research.