Welcome to the Office of Clinical and Human Subjects Research Compliance (OCHSRC) in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. The goal of this program is to confirm an accurate account and consistent institutional performance of study progression conducted in accordance with an Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved protocol. This program is also designed to help Principal Investigators, research teams, and UIC in preparation for external audits by funding, regulatory, and accreditation agencies.
Materials Heading link
To ensure UIC Researchers are meeting UIC Federal-wide Assurances and Research Best Practices, the Program will:
- Monitor and assess research protocols and research study activities, including adherence to IRB approved activities, data integrity, and ethical review and compliance issues
- Ensure compliance of clinical trials with Good Clinical Practice guidelines, and, as relevant, with UI Health research guidelines and policies
- Identify and implement educational and training opportunities for investigators and research staff
OCHSRC is also responsible for monitoring compliance with ClinicalTrials.gov requirements for investigator-initiated studies conducted at UIC.
- Identifying and helping resolve issues with currently registered records
- Assisting with registering new studies on ClinicalTrials.gov
- Assisting with submitting results for applicable studies
- Consulting with faculty and staff regarding ClinicalTrials.gov related questions
quote Heading link
“Research is based on the same ethical values that apply in everyday life, including honesty, fairness, objectivity, openness, trustworthiness, and respect for others.” On Being a Scientist: A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research: Third Edition (2009)