UIC Postdoctoral Small Scholarship Award Policy & Guidelines
UIC Postdoctoral Small Scholarship Award Policy & Guidelines Heading link
UIC Postdoctoral Fellow Small Scholarship Award Policy & Guidelines
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) Office of Postdoctoral Affairs offers a $100 award toward advancing scholarship, learning, and professional development. These small awards could be used toward attending a professional development course or workshop, or be used to offset the cost of a professional membership, subscription to a professional journal, or for specialty software, for example. In addition, Small Scholarships may also be used to support attendance at virtual conference or in-person conferences, but may NOT be used for the same opportunity as a Travel Award.
Applicants must be UIC postdocs with a full time appointment as a Postdoctoral Research Associate or Postdoctoral Fellow. If you consider yourself a postdoc but have a different title and are within five years of receipt of a terminal doctorate degree (e.g. PhD/MD/PharmD) please reach out to email@example.com for inquiry.
This award is in addition to the $500 UIC Postdoctoral Travel Award, so all postdocs will be eligible to apply, regardless of whether you have previously been awarded a Travel Award.
- Applications will be accepted four times per year in January, April, July, and October. The application form will open on the 1st of the month and the deadline will be on the last day of the month.
- The maximum amount to be awarded is $100.
- Applicants may only submit a single application per award cycle. Those who are not selected are welcome to reapply.
- You MAY apply for both a travel award and a small scholarship award in the same award cycle, but each award MUST be used for separate opportunities.
- Applicants must apply and be approved for the award before the professional activity takes place.
- Funds from the awards are not transferable to another professional activity or lab member. If you are unable to use your award, you are welcome to submit a new application for an award for a future opportunity, provided you are still appointed as a postdoc.
- Applicants can only receive a single small scholarship award during the entire course of their fellowship at UIC.
- Complete and submit the online UIC Postdoc Small Scholarship Award application below
- All fields need to be completed for an application to be considered and include a statement of purpose and projected expense.
- By submitting the application, the applicant agrees that they are willing to comply with the following Award Agreement.
By completing the application, the applicant agrees to the following award agreement:
If awarded the UIC Postdoc Small Scholarship Award, I hereby acknowledge understanding that this award is intended to support my professional and career development by using the award for the professional activity stated above. I understand that I am a representative of UIC and agree to exemplify the professional nature of UIC while attending any virtual meeting, course, or workshop, and I hereby acknowledge that these funds will be used to attend, actively participate, and contribute to any virtual meeting, course, or workshop. I agree that the UIC OPA will not be held liable for any damages to persons or property which may occur related to this award.
By electronically signing the UIC Postdoc Small Scholarship Award application, I indicate that:
- I have read and understand the UIC Postdoc Small Scholarship Award Policies and Guidelines listed on this webpage.
- I understand that failure to conform to the policies and guidelines of this webpage could result in rejection of my reimbursement and loss of eligibility for future OPA funding.
- I understand that providing false information to the UIC OPA immediately disqualifies me from ever applying to OPA funding.
Applications will be considered based on the quality of the professional development activity and the statement of purpose
Reimbursement for Small Scholarship Award
Reimbursement forms need to submitted immediately following the completion of professional development opportunity and no later than 30 days after the completion. The awardee should submit reimbursement through the Chrome River system (https://www.obfs.uillinois.edu/travel-resources) and will be issued a letter of support to be uploaded to the expense report in Chrome River (as a receipt). The awardee will also be provided with account information (C-FOP) to be entered as a Charge Code Allocation to be charged up to $100 in Chrome River.
Small Scholarship Application Form Heading link
The deadline to submit a small scholarship award application has passed.