Export Controls Training
Export Controls Training
Export Controls Course
Export Controls Course – Enroll with CITI
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) is a subscription service from the University of Miami providing research ethics education to all members of the research community.
To register for a CITI course, create an account on the CITI website www.citiprogram.org. Enroll in the Export Compliance to complete the training. Each course is followed by a quiz. The OVCR Office is notified by CITI and will send you a certificate upon passing the course.
- Complete the course called “Export Compliance”
- Complete the following modules* and quizzes:
- Required Modules: Introduction to Export Compliance
- Supplemental Modules: Export Compliance for Researchers: Part I
- Supplemental Modules: Export Compliance for Researchers: Part II
- Complete the UIC-specific quiz at the end of the course.
- Achieve an overall passing score on these quizzes.
- Complete the Course Completion Form at the end of the course. NOTE: Without the information in this form, it is not possible to determine if the initial training requirement has been met and no certification will be provided. The field designated for “department” should include your campus (i.e. Chicago, Rockford, Peoria, VA hospital), College/School, Department/Section, and UIC status (Faculty, Staff, or Student).
*Depending on the nature of Sponsored Project activities, additional modules may be recommended, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enroll in the “Export Compliance” you must complete the following steps:
- For return users, under the University of Illinois, Chicago, go to “Add a course or update your learner group.”
- You will then have to answer two questions before you enroll in the course. We do not require the basic or refresher courses to enroll in the Export Compliance course. You may complete the questions as follows:
- Human Subjects Enrollment (Basic Course), you may select the last option which states “I have already completed the basic course or its equivalent, please take me to the refresher course enrollment question.” And click “Next.”
- Human Subjects Enrollment (Refresher Course), you may select the last option which states, “I don’t need a refresher.” And click “Next.”
- Then you will be taken to a page for “Other Courses.” Please select the “Export Compliance” And click “Next.”
- The “Export Compliance” will appear in your list of courses, under “My Courses.”