- NIH Mock Review Session - 12/8/2016 10am - 11:30am, Auditorium, Rm. 109, SPH-PI, 1603 W. Taylor Street
- Grants! Grants! Grants! How to Fund Your Research at UIC - 09/23/2015 1:00pm - 3:00pm, 1253 S. Halstead st, room 219
Exploring Foundation Relationships - 10/13/2015, 10:00am - 11:00am, 1136 SPH-PI, 1603 W. Taylor St.
Speaker: Kathryn McGrath, Associate Director of Grants Development, SPH Office of Advancement
Katie McGrath will describe her experiences in initiating and developing relationships with foundations and recommendations for creating letters of intent.
Jumping into the deep end: Practical and ethical considerations for using social media in research
Speakers: Lynn Podraza, Director, Research Navigation Services, Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Eric S Swirsky, JD, MA, Clinical Assistant Professor, Biomedical and Health Information Sciences
Objectives: By the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Identify what social media is
- Discuss ways social media could be used for research
- Explain ethical issues relating to social media use
- Describe the importance of social media planning
- State what the IRB may look for if social media is used for research activities.
- 2 hrs of continuing education in HSPP will be requested and is pending for this session.
Archived grant workshops:
If you are looking to strengthen your grantsmanship skills, SPH Office of Research Services is now posting their archived 2013-2015 grantsmanship presentations and webinars on a special intranet page available to the UIC Community.
Archived grant workshops can be found here: http://intranet.sph.uic.edu:6079/sites/team-sites/Grantsmanship%20Workshops/You must sign in with your NetIID and Password using the following format:
Username: ad\Your NetID
Password: Your Common UIC Password