program is live
The Honors College and L@S GANAS programs are available now. The campus-wide Virtual Impact & Research Week 2021 event Agenda is also live, and the site will open in its entirety on Monday, April 5, 2021. To join the Virtual Impact & Research Week 2021 event, please do the following:
- UIC – Register with an email address of your choice. After registration, you will receive two emails: first, a request to verify your email account, and second, a 6-digit pin that will serve as your password to join the event. (We recommend using Gmail or personal email addresses because verification emails are less likely to be directed to spam folders). Once you complete the verification process, you will be brought into the main site. Select “Impact and Research Week 2021” where you will find a searchable listing of all presentations, times, and links to the meetings. You will be able to directly return to the event by clicking on the link above.
- UIC – Sign in by clicking on the “UIC Login” button which directs you to the UIC login page, where you will enter your credentials. After logging in, you will be brought into the main site. Select “Impact and Research Week 2021” where you will find a searchable listing of all presentations, times, and links to the meetings.
Impact and Research Day
Virtual UIC Impact and Research Week 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021 – Friday, April 9, 2021
This important campus-wide event showcases undergraduate, graduate, and professional student research and engagement covering a broad range of scholarship and impact, including five categories in which the strongest presentations will be honored:
- Art, Design, and the Humanities
- Business, Computer Science, and Mathematics
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Health and Life Sciences
- Social Sciences, Education, Public Policy/Affairs
This event provides students in all disciplines the opportunity to showcase their scholarly pursuits both in and outside of the classroom, including research, service, study abroad, internships, student employment, creative activities, career development, leadership and more while also offering a chance to participate in unique workshops covering a variety of topics including gap year(s), the med school application process, and more!
Throughout the week, there will be over 70 presentation sessions. Each session will include up to four student presentations, followed by a brief Q&A session with the judges. Audience members will be invited as guests to the presentations; guests will include faculty members—especially the sponsor(s) of a student’s research or impact project—as well as peers/friends and family of the student presenters. In total, UIC Impact & Research Week 2021 will offer more than 300 students the opportunity to publicly present their research and impact projects.
UIC Impact & Research Week is presented by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research in collaboration with the Honors College, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs, the Division of Student Affairs, and The Latin@s Gaining Access to Networks for Advancement in Science Program (L@S GANAS).