CITI Initial Training
CITI Single Sign On
The CITI Single Sign On (SSO) process is available for all investigators and key research personnel who have a UIC-issued NetID.
Please utilize the following initial steps to activate your CITI SSO process:
Step 1: Go to the CITI Program Log in Through My Institution Page
Step 2: Scroll down and click on “University of Illinois at Chicago”
Step 3: Enter your UIC NetID and your UIC SSO password
The initial SSO activation steps only need to be completed once. Return users can click here to log in through SSO for direct access to their CITI Courses page.
The SSO option is not available for individuals who do not have a UIC NetID. Research personnel who require UIC training but who do not have a UIC NetID must first register for the CITI Program here by creating a CITI-specific username and password, and then selecting University of Illinois at Chicago through the “Add Institutional Affiliation” screen.
Please contact OPRS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-996-1711 for additional assistance.
CITI Initial Training
There are two acceptable Human Subjects Research (HSR) Basic courses available through CITI:
- Group 1. Human Subjects Research (HSR): Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel; or
- Group 2. Human Subjects Research (HSR): Social – Behavioral – Educational Research Investigators and Key Personnel.
Please select the appropriate group depending on the type of research you are planning to conduct. Each course consists of several modules.
There is one acceptable Information Privacy and Security (IPS) course available through CITI:
- Information Privacy and Security (IPS) Stage 1 – Basic Course
- Link to additional information about the CITI IPS Stage 1 – Basic Course: https://emails.uofi.uic.edu/newsletter/224787.html
Completion of either the Group 1 or Group 2 CITI Human Subjects Research (HSR) Basic Course and the CITI Information Privacy and Security (IPS) Stage 1 – Basic Course will satisfy Initial Investigator Training requirements at UIC.
Completion of any other CITI course (e.g., Animal Care and Use, Biosafety and Biosecurity, Export Control, Good Clinical Practices, Responsible Conduct of Research, IRB Resource Reference, IRB Chair Course, Institutional Official Course, other) will NOT satisfy Initial Investigator training requirements at UIC.
CITI Refresher ( Continuing Education Training)
CITI Refresher course depending on your initial course selection.
- Group 1: Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel. Refresher
- Group 2: Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel. Refresher
Completion of either of these online Refresher courses will satisfy Investigator Continuing Education requirements at UIC.