UIC Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Award (Travel Period 12/1 to 2/28 or 29)
November 30, 2020
5:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Chicago, IL 60612
CalendarDownload iCal File
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Office of Postdoctoral Affairs would like to offer travel awards intended to assist UIC postdoctoral fellows who are presenting their research at national or international professional meetings and conferences. We are also expanding the award to include professional development opportunities, to assist UIC postdocs in attending meetings, workshops, or courses that will advance their scholarship or career. Examples of professional development opportunities include grantsmanship workshops, training courses to develop a new skill, or leadership or science policy conferences.
Applicants must be UIC postdoctoral fellows with a full time appointment as a Postdoctoral Research Associate or Postdoctoral Research Fellow, and within five years of receipt of a terminal doctorate degree (e.g. PhD/MD/PharmD). If you consider yourself a postdoc but have a different title please reach out to email@example.com for inquiry.
- The maximum amount to be awarded is $500.
- Applicants may only submit a single application per award cycle and may not submit applications for two meetings in the same award period. Those who are not selected are welcome to reapply.
- Applicants must apply and be approved for the award before the meeting occurs.
- Funds from the travel awards are not transferable to another meeting or lab member.
- Applicants can only receive a single travel award during the entire course of their fellowship at UIC, thus if you are awarded a travel award to attend an academic or scientific conference, you are not eligible to also receive a travel award to attend a professional development meeting
- Funding may be used for registration fees, abstract submission fees, travel and hotel.
Please see policy and guidelines and request form.
Jul 16, 2020
Jul 16, 2020