Interesting Reading Related to Research Misconduct
- Fanelli D , How many scientists fabricate and falsify research? A systematic review and meta-analysis of survey data PLoS One, 2009 May 29;4(5):e5738. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0005738.
- Fang FC,Steen RG, Casadevall: Misconduct accounts for the majority of retracted scientific publications Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 October 16; 109(42): 17028–17033.
- Rasmussen LMThe Case of Vipul Bhrigu and the Federal Definition of Research Misconduct. Sci Eng Ethics, 2013. Available through UIC e-library
- Resnik DB, Dinse GE, Scientific retractions and corrections related to misconduct findings. J Med Ethics. 2013 Jan;39(1):46-50.
- Steen RG, Casadevall A, Fang FC. Why has the number of scientific retractions increased? PLoS One, 2013; 8(7): e68397.
- Steneck NH: Research universities and scientific misconduct-history, policies, and the future. J Higher Educ, 65(3):310-30, 1994. Available through UIC e-library