Only 143 spaces still available. It is very likely we will reach capacity prior to the deadline of April 2. No more than 300 students will be able to participate.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, in conjunction with the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs, the Honors College and the Center for Student Involvement, is pleased to announce the 2018 Student Research Forum (SRF) and UIC Impact Day, which will be held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018. This important campus-wide event showcases undergraduate, graduate and professional student research covering a broad range of scholarship: Art/Design/Humanities; Business/Computer Science/Mathematics; Engineering/Physical Sciences; Life Sciences; and Social Sciences.
This year the Student Research Forum will include a new initiative, UIC Impact Day, as a part of this event. UIC Impact Day will provide students with an opportunity to showcase pursuits in and beyond the classroom such as service, study abroad, internships, student employment, career development, and/or leadership.
Student Research Forum Submission - (Instructions) Deadline: Monday, April 2, 2018, 9AM
Students should register to participate in the Student Research Forum portion of the event if:
- Their presentation is part of a capstone project or senior thesis in your major
- their presentation involves research or scholarship of any kind, or represents creative or applied work based on research
- their work can be showcased on a poster and presented to judges in summary form in approximately 10 minutes
UIC Impact Day Submission - (Instructions) Deadline: Monday, April 2, 2018, 9AM
Students should register to participate in the UIC Impact Day portion of the event if:
- They are showcasing experiences from high impact areas of concentration such as career development, civic engagement & social justice, environmental awareness & sustainability, global perspective & diversity, and leadership & involvement
- Examples of experiences can include internships, student employment, leadership activities, service-learning and community service activities and study abroad experiences
- Students will have the opportunity to exhibit posters or to conduct oral or creative presentations