The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) requests applications for the NIAMS Resource-based Centers Program (P30) for rheumatic diseases research areas within its mission. The Resource-based Centers will provide critical research infrastructure, shared facilities, services, and/or resources to groups of investigators conducting research on rheumatic diseases, enabling them to conduct their independently-funded individual and/or collaborative research projects more efficiently and/or more effectively, with the broad overall goal of accelerating, enriching, and enhancing the effectiveness of ongoing basic, translational, and clinical research and promoting new research within the NIAMS mission.
NIAMS expects that the Resource-based Center Program will:
- Efficiently provide critical research infrastructure to advance fields within the NIAMS mission
- Include Cores that offer resources and services in addition to equipment and other infrastructure
- Serve basic, translational and/or clinical research
- Contribute and/or facilitate significant innovations in research and technology
- Facilitate expansion of research fields within the NIAMS mission
- Foster innovative exploratory projects and junior investigators
- Have flexibility to adopt and adapt to emerging needs and opportunities
University is limited to one proposal.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
May 15, 2017
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
October 3, 2017
Letter of Intent
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will distributed to those who have submitted LOIs.
Please contact Natalia Glubisz at RDS@uic.edu or 312-996-8348 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.