Internal Competition Completed
Principal Investigators Selected
- Igor Paprotny, Electrical & Computer Engineering
NSF announces a fifth year of a program on collaborative research and education in the area of Scalable Nanomanufacturing. This program is in response to and is a component of the National Nanotechnology InitiativeSignature Initiative: Sustainable Nanomanufacturing - Creating the Industries of the Future (http://www.nano.gov/node/611). Although many nanofabrication techniques have demonstrated the ability to fabricate small quantities of nanomaterials, nanostructures and nanodevices for characterization and evaluation purposes, the emphasis of the Scalable Nanomanufacturing program is on research to overcome the key scientific and technical barriers that prevent the production of useful nanomaterials, nanostructures, devices and systems at an industrially relevant scale, reliably, and at low cost and within environmental, health and safety guidelines. Competitive proposals will incorporate three elements in their research plans:
- A persuasive case that the nanomaterials, nanostructures, devices or systems to be produced have or are likely to have sufficient demand to justify eventual scale-up;
- A clearly identified set of research issues for science and engineering solutions that must be addressed to enable the production of high quality nano-enabled products at low cost; and
- A compelling research plan with clear objectives and approaches to overcome the identified research issues.
- The mode of support is Nanoscale Interdisciplinary Research Teams (NIRT).
UIC may submit one proposal.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
September 30, 2016
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
January 13, 2017
Letter of Intent
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will distributed to those who have submitted LOIs.
Please contact Tony Halford at RDS@uic.edu or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.