Internal Competition Completed
Principal Investigators Selected
- Karen Colley, Dean, Graduate College
The NIH Research Education Program (R25) supports research education activities in the mission areas of the NIH. The goal of this NIGMS R25 program is to support educational activities that enhance the diversity of the biomedical, behavioral and clinical research workforce. To this end, this funding opportunity announcement encourages the development of creative educational activities with a primary focus on Research Experiences and Courses for Skills Development. Applications are encouraged from research-intensive institutions that propose to develop recent baccalaureate science graduates from diverse backgrounds underrepresented in biomedical and behavioral sciences so that they have the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue PhD or MD-PhD degrees in these fields. The program provides support for well-designed courses for skills development and extensive research experiences aimed at preparing individuals from diverse backgrounds to complete doctoral degrees.
UIC is allowed one submission. The UIC applicant has already been selected as part of an internal OVCR "Ignite Proposal Development Grant" tied to this NIH opportunity.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
September 23, 2014
|UIC Internal Competition||
none - APPLICANT SELECTED
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
January 25, 2014
Letter of Intent
NO LETTER OF INTENT WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS COMPETITION. The UIC applicant has already been selected as part of an internal OVCR "Ignite Proposal Development Grant" tied to this NIH opportunity.
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will be posted if necessary.
eLOI Form & Instructions – Adobe Acrobat Requirements
- Download the file directly to your computer or to a disk, right click on the link, then select "save link as" or "save target as" from the dropdown options.
- Open eLOI.
- Position the hand pointer inside a form field and click.
- To accept the field change and go to the next field, press Tab or use your mouse to click on the next form field.
- To accept the field change and go to the previous field, press Shift + Tab or use your mouse to click on the previous form field.
- Complete the form fields.
- After completing the form, click “Save” then click “Submit to RDS@uic.edu”.
Letter of Intent (LOI): eLOI Form (Fillable PDF*)
- Fields highlighted in red are required to successfully submit the form.
- Do not print then submit scanned version of e-LOI via email.
Please contact Tony Halford at email@example.com or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.