This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications from institutions/organizations to establish Biospecimen Banks for the NCI National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN; https://research.usc.edu/nci-national-… more »clinical-trials-network-nctn-program/). The NCTN Biospecimen Banks will be responsible for collecting, storing, and distributing well-annotated human specimens from patients with cancer who are participating in NCI-funded Phase III and large Phase II clinical treatment trials. The goal is to support NCTN with the state-of the-art biospecimen banking infrastructure and operations including maintenance of up-to-date specimen inventory. The NCTN Banks will distribute to qualified investigators the biospecimens linked to high-quality clinical data (including treatment and outcome information) that are critical for developing and validating biomarkers for cancer diagnosis, prognosis and prediction of responses to therapy.
Eligibility is limited to an institution/entity that is operating the physical infrastructure of one or more existing Group Banks of human specimens from Phase II and III cancer clinical treatment trials funded under RFA-CA-09-504 (irrespective of whether the actual award under RFA-CA-09-504 was made to this institution/entity or to another institution/entity under the former NCI-sponsored Clinical Trials Cooperative Group Program structure). The eligible institutions may configure themselves at their discretion in terms of location of the biospecimen banking infrastructure (maintaining current or moving to a new location) and/or the selection of the institution/entity submitting the application (which can also be a foundation if it is a recipient of the NCTN Operations Center award under RFA-CA-12-010) for one of the NCTN Groups, as long as a group of institutions applying together is affiliated for biospecimen banking with one and only one NCTN Group funded under RFA-CA-12-010.
UIC is allowed one submission.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
June 23, 2014
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
July 15, 2014
August 15, 2014
Letter of Intent
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will be posted if necessary.
eLOI Form & Instructions
- Download the file directly to your computer or to a disk, right click on the link, then select "save link as" or "save target as" from the dropdown options.
- Open eLOI.
- Position the hand pointer inside a form field and click.
- To accept the field change and go to the next field, press Tab or use your mouse to click on the next form field.
- To accept the field change and go to the previous field, press Shift + Tab or use your mouse to click on the previous form field.
- Complete the form fields.
- After completing the form, click “Save” then click “Submit to RDS@uic.edu”.
Letter of Intent (LOI): eLOI Form (Fillable PDF*)
- Fields highlighted in red are required to successfully submit the form.
- Do not print then submit scanned version of e-LOI via email.
Please contact Tony Halford at email@example.com or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.