Internal Competition Completed
Principal Investigators Selected
- Carol Ferrans (or her designee), College of Nursing
This announcement solicits applications for the Leadership Education in Adolescent Health (LEAH) Training Program. The purpose of this program is to prepare maternal and child health leaders in adolescent and young adult health within at least five (5) core health disciplines, including medicine, nursing, nutrition, psychology, and social work by providing interdisciplinary leadership training to health professionals at the graduate and postgraduate levels.
LEAH programs accomplish this aim of training the next generation of leaders in these health disciplines and improving the health and well-being of adolescents and young adults by:
1) Preparing trainees/fellows for leadership roles in clinical services, research, training, and organization of health services for adolescents and young adults including those with special health care needs;
2) Integrating biological, developmental, mental and behavioral health, social, economic, educational, and environmental health training within a public health framework;
3) Emphasizing technical assistance, continuing education, and collaboration with state and local public health agencies, education, youth development, and human service agencies and providers with a maternal and child health focus; and
4) Developing, enhancing, or improving evidence-based patient-centered, family-involved, culturally competent, community-based care plans and practices for adolescents and young adults.
One per institution
|UIC Letter of Intent||
September 28, 2016
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
November 10, 2016
Letter of Intent
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will distributed to those who have submitted LOIs.
Please contact Tony Halford at RDS@uic.edu or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.