WHITE PAPER DEADLINE IS TUESDAY JUNE 13TH AT NOON
The purpose of the CoIIN teams is to produce measurable improvements in specific common aims, defined by the participants, during the project period and/or to accelerate the development and/or discovery of innovations and new evidence to reduce infant mortality as well as disparities in infant mortality and related perinatal outcomes using the CoIIN approach/methodology. Award recipients will serve as the backbone organization and ensure technical support (i.e., content/subject matter expertise) and financial support are provided to the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) through subawards. The focus of the support/TA provided by the recipient will be specific to the topic/aim statement selected by the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) and will not duplicate TA services provided by the DATA contractor.
Successful recipients will:
- Provide the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) with topic-specific content/subject matter expertise related to the teams’ self-selected aim, and assist sub-recipients with identifying strategies based on scientific evidence as needed
- Ensure participants on the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) implement projects, strategies, and activities that will achieve the common aim set by the team
- Ensure the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) collaboratively establishes shared measures and implements a team-specific measurement strategy that is appropriate to the chosen improvement or innovation topic area and strategies/activities, in order to track progress towards meeting the common team aim
- Ensure the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) utilizes the IM CoIIN data tracker system/platform (i.e., data dashboard) provided by the DATA contractor to monitor and share progress on team-specific measures in ‘real-time’
- Ensure the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) submits data annually to the IM CoIIN data tracker system/platform (i.e., data dashboard) provided by the DATA contractor on the following initiative-wide measures for the duration of the project period:
- Infant mortality rate (overall and by disparities)
- Neonatal mortality rate (overall and by disparities)
- Post-neonatal mortality rate (overall and by disparities)
- Preterm-Related Mortality Rate (overall and by disparities)
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) mortality rate (overall and by disparities)
- Preterm birth rate (overall and by disparities) HRSA-17-105 5
- Facilitate collaborative learning within and among participants on the CoIIN team (e.g., monthly calls for CoIIN team members; individual calls to participating organizations/entities; in-person meetings as needed, etc.) to share progress, lessons learned, and to exchange information (i.e., peer-to-peer TA)
- Convene and conduct in-person meetings as needed (up to two per project year) to assist the team in meeting team-specific aims and/or IM CoIIN initiative aims, and ensure attendance by the CoIIN team (sub-recipients).
- Foster synergy among participants and/or align activities within the CoIIN team
- Help to address problems and barriers that are preventing participants from meeting the team aim, including providing financial support to participating organizations/entities on CoIIN team (sub-recipients) through subawards
- Coordinate CoIIN team efforts and ensure continued engagement of participants
- Utilize the DATA contractor for assistance related to the core CoIIN methods (QI, innovation, collaborative learning) and for TA and support related to data, measurement, data analytics, and/or evaluation
- Work closely and collaboratively with the DATA contractor and ensure the following: o Participation by CoIIN teams (sub-recipients) in initiative-wide activities coordinated by the DATA Contractor, to include conference calls, webinars, and virtual and TA meeting(s) o Identification and sharing with the DATA Contractor of any successful innovations/improvements, best practices, and lessons learned that emerge/result from CoIIN team and assist with dissemination efforts within your respective state catchment areas and professional networks o Collaboration between the CoIIN team (sub-recipients) and the DATA Contractor o Coordination, but not duplication, of efforts
Award Type: Cooperative Agreement
University is limited to one proposal.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
June 13, 2017
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
July 17, 2017
Letter of Intent
DUE TO THE QUICKLY APPROACHING DEADLINE, IN ADDITION TO THE ONLINE LOI, PLEASE UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING WHITE PAPER INFORMATION (TWO PAGE LIMIT) by 12 NOON Tuesday June 13.
1. Briefly describe the purpose of the proposed project.
2. Briefly describe the issue of infant mortality and disparities in infant mortality within the states and/or region(s) represented on the CoIIN team
3. Describe the CoIIN team’s various strategies and activities (i.e., sub-recipients’ specific projects/efforts) that will be implemented during the project period in order for all organizations/entities on the team to achieve the common aim.
4. Describe the activities or steps that will be used to conduct each of the activities proposed during the entire project period in the Methodology section.
Please also uplaod your biosketch (5 page limit)
Please contact Natalia Glubisz at RDS@uic.edu or 312-996-8348 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.