This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites applications for Diabetes Research Centers, formerly named Diabetes Endocrinology Research Centers (DERCs) and Diabetes Research and Training Centers (DRTCs). Diabetes Research Centers are designed to support and enhance the national research effort in diabetes, its complications, and related endocrine and metabolic diseases. Diabetes Research Centers support three primary research-related activities: Research Core services, a Pilot and Feasibility (P&F) program, and an Enrichment program. All activities pursued by Diabetes Research Centers are designed to enhance the efficiency, productivity, effectiveness and multidisciplinary nature of research in Diabetes Research Center topic areas. The NIDDK Diabetes Research Centers program in 2013 consists of 16 Centers each located at outstanding research institutions with documented programs of excellence in diabetes-related research.
Application budgets are limited to $1.0M per year in direct costs unless the applicant organization proposes to provide regional or national core services as described in the Funding Opportunity Description section of the FOA. Applications proposing a Regional/National Shared Research Resource Core are limited to $1.25M per year in direct costs.
UIC is allowed one submission.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
August 31, 2013
|UIC Internal Competition||
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
June 17, 2014
Letter of Intent
Depending upon the number of LOIs submitted, OVCR might be required to facilitate an internal peer review process to select UIC’s submission(s) to this program. White paper instructions will be posted if necessary.
eLOI Form & Instructions
- Download the file directly to your computer or to a disk, right click on the link, then select "save link as" or "save target as" from the dropdown options.
- Open eLOI.
- Position the hand pointer inside a form field and click.
- To accept the field change and go to the next field, press Tab or use your mouse to click on the next form field.
- To accept the field change and go to the previous field, press Shift + Tab or use your mouse to click on the previous form field.
- Complete the form fields.
- After completing the form, click “Save” then click “Submit to RDS@uic.edu”.
Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Fields highlighted in red are required to successfully submit the form.
- Do not print then submit scanned version of e-LOI via email.
Please contact Tony Halford at email@example.com or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.