Internal Competition Completed
Principal Investigators Selected
- Susan Bleasdale, Medicine
Due to the upcoming deadlines that this will be an expedited limited competition and your LOI document will be peer reviewed. Please follow the specific directions in the LOI section of this page, below.
The purpose of this FOA is to expand the number of research institutions in the CDC Prevention Epicenters Program to translate basic, epidemiologic and technologic discoveries into new strategies for preventing healthcare-associated transmission of Ebola and/or infectious pathogens (viral or bacterial) that can be spread by mechanisms similar to Ebola. This might include, but is not limited to, project proposals that focus on the effectiveness of personal protective equipment against such pathogens, healthcare worker self-contamination with pathogens, or the role of the healthcare environment in pathogen transmission.
The CDC Prevention Epicenters Program operates as a collaborative multicenter research network of investigators who collaborate with CDC and with one another to address emerging or evolving public health research needs related to the prevention of transmission of pathogens that cause HAIs among patients and healthcare personnel. The intent of the program is to provide CDC with a resource for meeting public health research needs by creating close collaborative ties between investigators with interest in preventing infections acquired in healthcare.
Awards: The average estimated total funding (direct and indirect) for each award (36-month budget period) will be $2,200,000. It is anticipated that there will be five awards.
UIC is restricted to one submission.
|UIC Letter of Intent||
April 20, 2015
|UIC Internal Competition||
4/20/2015 NOON (same as LOI)
|Sponsor Letter of Intent||
June 1, 2015
Letter of Intent
This will be an expedited review. Internal letter of intent is due on April 20 at NOON and will be peer reviewed. Please submit the following:
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Form -
- In the "Other PI and CoIs" sectinon please also list the names and contacts at any participating Non-UIC institutions.
- In the "Lay Summary" section, please paste a one page description of the purpose of the proposed research and how it addresses the specific requrement of the FOA, noting how it will result in public health impact and improvement in population health. The description you paste must have been taken from a document with at least 12 point font and 1 inch margins.
- 4 Page CV for PI and any UIC Co-Investigators identified at this time. These should be attached to the LOI form which will be submitted from the OVCR webpage.
Please contact Tony Halford at RDS@uic.edu or 6-7036 with any questions.
If an authorized principal investigator is not listed above, please consider the limited competition still open. Contact RDS@uic.edu for further information.