Library Toolkit for the Student Research Forum
Whether you are still looking for articles or resources, struggling to read the articles that you have found, or trying to appropriately cite the articles you have found, this workshop is for you. We will cover all of the tools you might need for your research projects.
- Wednesday, January 31, 10:00-11:00am, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
- Thursday, February 1, 2:00-3:00pm, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
How to read an Academic Article: a Workshop
Reading and understanding academic articles is one of the most challenging parts of the research process. While this library session will not make it easy, it will break down the process into concrete manageable steps, which can hopefully make this challenge more manageable.
- Tuesday, February 6, 2:00-3:00pm, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
- Wednesday, February 7, 10:00-11:00am, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
Create Bibliographies and Organize Your Research with RefWorks
Creating a bibliography and correctly citing all your sources is crucial part of the research process that can take a lot of time and attention to detail. Come learn about RefWorks and other citation tools that will allow you to save and organize your research and quickly create bibliographies in any citation style!
- Tuesday, February 13, 10:00-11:00am, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
- Wednesday, February 14, 2:00-3:00pm, Daley Library IDEA Commons Lab
- Thursday evenings 5:00-7:00pm, Daley Library IDEA Commons Reference Desk or by appointment.
Wednesday, March 7, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Burham Hall, Room 121
Wednesday, March 14, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Burham Hall, Room 121
Poster Design Workshop
- Wednesday, February 28, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, Room 1501, University Hall
- Thursday, March 8, from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm, Room 1501, University Hall
Research Abstract Writing Workshop
Wednesday, February 21, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Burham Hall, Room 121
Monday, February, 26, 11:30 am -12:30 pm, Burham Hall, Room 121
Above workshops brought to you by the UIC Library, the Office of Undergraduate Research, Honors College, and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
UIC Impact Exhibit and Presentation Workshops
These workshops are designed to provide guidelines for creating and presenting a poster and how to prepare for oral or artistic presentations.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Room 464, 3 South, Student Center East, 750 South Halsted
Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Room 464, 3 South, Student Center East, 750 South Halsted